4

PARTING IS A SWEET SORROW

Posted by SHRUTHI K MOHAN on Sunday, April 25, 2010

I called them daddy and mummy as my amma called them so...And I took pride in calling them so..as no one ever had the chance in life to have both amma and mummy..
In my memory lane I just have a vague picture of a daddy in his 60's..I remember daddy and mummy visiting us at achan's quarters..He was a famous personality in our area..People had such love and respect for him..They talked about the favours he did..I remember my amma talking with such a huge respect for him..For her he was always the perfect dad..who loved their children to the core but never showed it though..I remember her saying though he was strict and he never liked his daughter to work..and wanted to see his daughter settled soon..he always knew what was right for his children..May be it was the respect for him I dnt know I was bit scared of him...But I was never scared of mummy..she is a gem of person..fragile kind of woman..who got nervous easily..and always got depressed quickly..She makes the worlds best pickles..she isn't good in cooking non-veg though..but her veg recipes are simply mouth-watering..I sometimes wonder how she puts up with daddy..there was this strange kind of love between them which I never really understood.
Our memories are steeped in smells, feelings and flavors..I Remember her lifting me up on the bathroom or kitchen sink..still feel that warmth..They lead a happy life during his retirement days..
Her role changed from wife to a mother again when daddy was hospitalised..She cared for him like a mother..took him for dialysis,bathed him and scolded him for not eating his food properly...Her whole life changed..but not the love they had for each other..slowly slowly daddy started losing his memory due to aging..he rarely remembered the name of his children..At times he woke up with a feeling that he was still the forest ranger..and would get up from his bed saying that he was going to his office... He never remembered my name nor my cousins but always remembered my brother's name..people never forget my brother's name..such a talented boy in academics.. very good at creative writing..and now doing his MBBS..ah blessed parents!!am a microbe in their eyes..ah there isn't a bitterness in those lines if u feel so am sorry..hmm..so there was no wonder why daddy never forget his name...He behaved as a kid those days..I remember my cousins asking him to repeat the words they said..he could not talk anymore.. walk anymore..Besides taking care of daddy mummy spent her time in gardening and looking after her pet dog..which we often referred to a 'Kroasian' i dnt know from where the word emerged..but he was a mix...mix of what that's still a mystery ..But Mummy was fond of him..
The day daddy left the world..we were worried of her..we were worried how she would digest the fact..may be the antidepressant drugs worked for her..but she was strong..the only thing she asked us was not to remove his bed..
The love she had for him was that of a mother..that of a sister..a wife..which still remains in her heart..Today she spends her time in gardening..looking after her pet dog..going through her wedding album..telling us how brave and strong he was..Her eyes reflected the love she had for him..
Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.

|

4 Comments


I really felt warm reading this post. We wish all the happiness for her. She sure is strong. Could make out while readin this post how intense their relationship was/still is. Yup... ppl who deeply love die young at heart.


thanks for spending time on my post...that too from a blogger like you feels good..yeah she is strong and i love her


Nice post specially this line "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young".


Nice post. Last line is very true.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 YATRA All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.