4

DEATH IS NOT A GOODBYE

Posted by SHRUTHI K MOHAN on Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can

The only thing strange about life is its uncertainity.....
What happens after u leave the body...does ur soul wander??? or is there an after life??Does death gives one peace which u fail to get in life??What does it mean when u can still feel their presence??I am too curious to know abt these...May be the sudden departure of my Best friend..Aryan and recent departure of my grandfather have left me with such strange thoughts..How can you know abt it unless u have faced death face to face...??When we truly love, it is never lost. It is only after death that the depth of the bond is truly felt, and our loved one becomes more a part of us than was possible in life...When we lose someone we love we try to think of several reasons to keep ourselves balanced..to help us move on with our lyf..we imagine them to be with God..we think of them as god's favourite and we satisfy ourselves with the explanation that they are in heaven with gods and angels protecting them..they have completed their role in life and now its their time to rest in peace..All these reasons do help..and at times we wonder whether these reasons are valid enough!!Even i do have a belief that if the spirits like to contact you they appear in your dreams..And thats definitely a good thing..I consider dream as a link between their world and ours..I know you myt feel that am a crazy gal living with such stupid beliefs..These beliefs helps me a lot in moving on in life..And for me "Death should take me when I am in the mood"...I want to go on living even after my death.


When I think of death the only image that comes to my mind is that of a grim reaper..The Grim Reaper is a skeleton or solemn-looking man carrying a scythe, who cuts off people's lives as though he were harvesting grain..Grim Reaper, the black-cloaked, scythe-wielding personification of death. We all know exactly who he is and what he wants. He comes for every person, hourglass in hand, waiting for the last grain of sand to fall. When it does, he collects the soul with a well-practiced cut of his razor-sharp blade. It may not be a pleasant image, but it is clear and unmistakable...

The Bhagavan Gita, an important book for Hinduism talks extensively about the afterlife. Here, the Lord Krishna says that just as a man discards his old clothes and wears new ones; similarly the soul discards the old body and takes on a new one. In Hinduism, the belief is that the body is but a shell, the soul inside is immutable and indestructible and takes on different lives in a cycle of birth and death. The end of this cycle is Moksha or salvation.Buddhists maintain that rebirth takes place without an unchanging self or soul passing from one form to another.Christian Science teaches that the after-death state consists of a form of "probation" and spiritual development / progress whereby the experience of the deceased is in proportion to their ability to avail of the unlimited love of God.. Islam teaches that life lived on this Earth is a test for man to determine each individual's ultimate reward or punishment in the afterlife, which is eternal and everlasting.May be after your death you will be what you were before your birth.

Some say, "What is there to contemplate or prepare for? It's beyond our control. Our time will come and we will die — that is it.While there is time, we must take everything we can from life.When someone close to you dies, all you want to do is talk to them one last time. Is there life after death? I want to know that they're happy and well, free of the illnesses that killed them and, most importantly, I want to say 'I love you' one more time....

|

4 Comments


To be frank, I have never ever seen someone not being able to recover from the loss in this way..
As u have written, if dreams r truly the channel from the other world, u will definitely be able 2 communicate with them & express ur feelings 4 them thru ur dreams.. I'll pray 4 dat.. and my word is that death should not be symbolized to grim reaper or a material, as it is just the absence of life and people die even when they exist in this world without enthusiasm, jus carrying on physiological process alone..
If the religious belief's r true, then ur dear one's will be having a good time over there in other world, n they'd be hearing watever u say, watever u feel 4 them..


Shruthi...A good attempt!!

I heard some where or felt at some point in my life that there is nothing called creative writing.All words are drops of blood flowing from our heart when we get injured with bad experiences


arun sir.thx for goin thru my post..its an irreplaceable loss 4 me ..it hurts bcoz i wasnt able to understand him...these are just my views about death....Abt the grim reaper thing yeah i know its crazy but dnt know y only that figure crosses my mind when i think of death..And i hope that all the religious beliefs are true..and like u said i hope they are also having a good time there..thx again 4 spending time on my post


kottu..thx 4 appreciating my attempt..Just remember what u said when u read my blog first time that I do have the potential to write..u did encourage me to find time in writing..Th peace u get after jotting down all ur worries is sumthing u cant explain..Thx 4 ur comments kottu

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 YATRA All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.